Now that the U.S. Copyright Office has designated the NMPA, NSAI, and SONA-backed Mechanical Licensing Collective (MLC) to begin implementation of the Music Modernization Act (MMA), the time has come for the music publishing industry to get its act together regarding data.
Proof over 4 Million people in just a few days signed a petition and verified their signatures to Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.
Update – 15.48 Hours Friday March 22nd 2019:
Conclusions remain unchanged:
- There is nothing to suggest bots based outside of the UK are impacting on this petition in terms of numbers of signatures and the figures of non-UK signatories are not significant.
- The data available suggest that signatures are largely genuine and non-domestic signatures are indicative of ex-pats signing the petition.
- We suspect that efforts may have been made to deny service to the petitions website, preventing users from signing the petition but restrict our view to suspicion in the absence of verified information.
- It is clear that disinformation is being spread to attempt to discredit this petition by known disinformation actors.
- Anyone claiming that bots are active either has access to data which isn’t publicly available or is aware or complicit in such activity.
The data was pulled for a third time and the JSON has been converted to…
View original post 872 more words
NY Times article worth reading. In my next post I will blog on the impact for our rescues and pets.
Just when i had lost all faith in the Conservatives they are finally speaking out for the dogs and cats used for food and fur. ( Only took us 6 years of lobbying)
We are pleased to support the UK parliament and the proposed bill to ban the sale and transportation of dog meat in the UK
The incredible Jim Shannon MP spoke out firmly against the heinous dog meat trade. Watch his heartfelt speech here:
This was followed by highly Informative talk by Bill Wiggins MP, who was equally passionately about ending the dog meat trade.
Last but not least, Giles Watling MP who took the leadin the debate.
Our CEO provided yesterday’s meeting with some information about the cat meat trade and urged MP’s to take into account the fact dog and cat fur was being sold in London. Our Charity is working to engage them with our WHO/OIE contacts, as well as inviting them to attend the UN under the umbrella of our Charity who have Special Status as Consultants the UN Eco Soc Council.
To follow updates…
View original post 26 more words
It is hard to believe it has been six years since we founded the global NoToDogMeat campaign and a charity called World Protection for Dogs and Cats in the Meat Trade. Totally unique a charity with Objects not just to end suffering to dogs and cats but stop them being skinned and blowtorched alive.
When we first campaigned against Yulin and even when I went there to face the horror hardly everyone knew about it. The biggest response we got in London was
“Well we don’t eat dogs here do we? ” What people did not realise was there was actually no law to prevent people from doing that.
Now finally following the example set in the USA the UK is finally debating a bill to Lead By Example and send a message #CrueltyIsNotCool
We have come a long way since my e-petition in 2012 Urging the UK Government to ACT when they responded to say there was little they can do.
Mr Zhao rescued 11 Samoyeds from a BREEDER! The breeder could not find buyers, so was about to sell them to the MEAT TRADE!
Mr Zhao negotiated their release, but now has 11 extra mouths to feed! Please help us feed them! http://www.notodogmeat.com/donate.php
If you would like to adopt one of these, its about £800 to bring one back from China! Please get in touch!
The accusation on google by hate bloggers that I “stole a film” is FALSE
- There is no such blog post on Google.
- As you will see below the person who they allege made the claim confirms this information is inaccurate and defamatory.
- Ms Provatas also confirms that continuous republication of the lie with her phone number and email forced her to change her numbers and has caused her professional embarrassment and distress.